The district’s legal counsel provides a variety of legal services to district administration and staff. Legal counsel's primary role is to provide legal advice and consultation regarding issues impacting district operations.
Please note that the district's legal counsel represents the Aurora Public Schools, and as such, cannot provide personal legal advice on any matter.
Services offered by the district's legal counsel:
- Research and provide opinions to the board of education and administrative staff regarding legal matters in all areas of district operations;
- Provide legal training to district administration and staff at all levels concerning applications of school law and APS policies;
- Coordinate legal services with outside legal counsel;
- Provide legal services in response to outside agency complaints, employment disputes, and student discipline matters;
- Provide assistance with application, interpretation, research, review, development, and revisions to school board policies and regulations.
- Board Approves Community Resolution titled A Resolution to Reaffirm APS’ Inclusive Practices and Beliefs for All Students Regardless of Documentation Status.